Applications and Deadlines
Completed applications and additional or supporting documents must be received via the Versacare website no later than December 31st. Versacare strives to notify all grant applicants of actions taken by the Board by March 31 of the following year.
The Versacare Board in its distribution of the Versafund Grants, will consider:
- Applications for programs and projects that are consistent with and supportive of the Mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Applications only from tax-exempt organizations or from those organizations that are directly affiliated with and supported by such organizations.
- Applications from organizations that have been in operation for two or more years.
- Applications with matching or supporting funds from the recipient or other organizations.
The Versacare Board analyzes all applications carefully, and as funds are available, fully or partially funds those projects which are program-based and mission-oriented in the following areas:
- Advancement of education and science education*
- Promotion of healthcare activities
- Assistance for the underprivileged
- Women and children’s issues and rights
The grant recipient must agree to provide Versacare a complete accounting report of how the granted funds were used, must be willing to be audited, and must provide no later than February 1 of the following year, a detailed written summary of no more than two pages in length of what was accomplished with the granted funds. Please do not send videos or DVDs.
All communication from Versacare regarding your grant application will be via email. When you complete your application, please use an email address that will best serve for this purpose and please remember to notify us of any change in email address.
* Conventional advancement of education and science education grants are limited to higher education and denominal education administration units; primary and secondary schools are eligible only for STEM grants.