EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY CATEGORY GRANTS 2019
SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS
WITHIN THE NORTH AMERICAN DIVISION OF SDA
Versacare has seldom granted funds for computers or electronic equipment. However, since many educators are utilizing special software for electronic devices instead of traditional textbooks for their course work, Versacare is now offering NAD Conference-operated Seventh-day Adventists elementary and secondary schools a new category of fixed grants.
Funds Designated for Fixed Grants:
Fixed Grant Amounts:
- 12 @ $ 5,000: For small schools with three classrooms or less.
- 18 @ $10,000: For larger schools with multiple classrooms.
- 6 @ $10,000: For secondary schools.
Restrictions on Use of Funds Awarded:
There are no restrictions other than #2 and #3 below. Versacare asks that a fully completed application be provided along with checking the correct boxes for applying for the educational fixed grant award.
- Function as an official school within the K-12 system of the North American Division.
- Explain if the technology being considered will be used to transition to 1:1 tablets including digital textbooks, computer lab, and innovative technology such as smart boards, STEM, or other types of technology, as well as Robotics.
- Attach a copy of the school’s board-voted technology plan outlining replacement, upgrades, and professional development for teachers, guaranteeing the use of the technology for the students’ best interests.
- Provide a complete accounting report of how the granted funds were used, be willing to be audited, and must provide no later than February 1 of the following year, a detailed written summary of no more than two pages in length of what was accomplished with the granted funds. Please do not send videos or DVD’s.
Selection of Educational Technology Grant Recipients:
Applications that fulfill all above qualifications are entered into a random-selection computer program to ensure applicants an equal chance at a grant award. A final 36 institutions will be selected. The Board will make its final decision at the time of the Versacare Annual Board Meeting, as funds are available. Those institutions selected in 2019 will not be allowed to apply until the 2022 Grant Cycle.
PLEASE NOTE: Check/Click Educational Technology Category Grant at the bottom of Step 1, and you will be taken to the correct application.