EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY CATEGORY GRANTS 2020
SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS
WITHIN THE NORTH AMERICAN DIVISION OF SDA
Funds Designated for Fixed Grants:
Fixed Grant Amounts:
- 40 @ $ 5,000: For small schools with three classrooms or less.
- 60 @ $10,000: For larger schools with four or more classrooms.
- 20 @ $10,000: For senior academies.
Restrictions on Use of Funds Awarded:
There are no restrictions provided the funds are used for the purpose stated in your application and in your school’s technology plan (see Applicant Qualifications below), the funds go to facilitate teaching science in the classroom as opposed to simply providing hardware or software for teachers or administrators, and the funds are spent in the year the grant is awarded.
Included within the STEM category are classroom smart boards, tablets or Chromebooks for student use, equipping or updating student computer labs, installation of 3D printers and related software, initiating or funding robotics programs, instruction in software coding, and the equipping of chemistry, physics and biology labs, and other STEM related needs.
- Function as an official school within the K-12 system of the North American Division.
- Have in place a board-voted technology plan outlining the STEM technology or equipment in use or being considered, whether new, replacement, upgrades, and professional development, if any, is anticipated for teachers to guarantee the use of the technology for the students’ best interests (teacher development is not a permissible STEM grant expense).
Selection of Educational Technology Grant Recipients:
Applications that fulfill all above qualifications are entered into a random-selection computer program to ensure applicants an equal chance at a grant award. A final 120 institutions will be selected. The Board will make its final decision at the time of the Versacare Annual Board Meeting, as funds are available. Those institutions selected in 2019 will not be allowed to apply until the 2022 Grant Cycle.
Completed applications and additional or supporting documents must be received via the Versacare website no later than December 31st. Versacare strives to notify all grant applicants of actions taken by the Board by March 31 of the following year.