The Versafund Guidelines 2019
At this time, Versacare is funding two grant categories: STEM for qualifying primary and secondary schools, and traditional for all other qualifying applicants.
Versacare encourages all applicants to review the history of Versacare as it provides useful information regarding the philosophy and objectives that guide the Board in making decisions for the Versafund grants. Versacare provides grants for programs and projects sponsored by tax-exempt organizations and entities that support the mission of or are directly affiliated with the Seventhday Adventist Church.
Versacare is particularly interested in funding education and healthcare initiatives, because of Versacare’s limited ﬁscal capacity. Versacare‘s philosophy is to focus on supporting programs as opposed to supporting building renovations or new constructions. Nonetheless, Versacare may consider providing grants for construction or modiﬁcation of buildings to long-term grant recipients located primarily in mission settings.
Applications and Deadlines
Completed applications must be received via the Versacare website no later than December 31. Additional or supporting materials can be sent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by U.S. Postal Service at Versacare, 4097 Trail Creek Road Suite B, Riverside, CA 92505. Versacare strives to notify all grant applicants of actions taken by the Board by March 31 of the following year.
The Versacare Board in its distribution of the Versafund Grants, will consider:
- Applications for programs and projects that are consistent with and supportive of the Mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Applications only from tax-exempt organizations or from those organizations who are directly affiliated with and supported by such organizations.
- Applications from organizations that have been in operation for two or more years.
- Applications with matching or supporting funds from the recipient or other organizations.
The Versacare Board analyzes all applications very carefully and fully or partially funds those projects which are program-based and mission-oriented as funds are available in:
- Advancement of education and science education (limited to higher education and denominational education administration units)**
- Promotion of healthcare activities
- Assistance for the underprivileged
- Women and children’s issues and rights
The grant recipient must agree to provide Versacare a complete accounting report of how the granted funds were used, must be willing to be audited, and must provide no later than February 1 of the following year, a detailed written summary of no more than two pages in length of what was accomplished with the granted funds. Please do not send videos or DVDs.
All communication from Versacare regarding your grant application will be via email. When you complete your application, please use an email address that will best serve for this purpose and please remember to notify us of any change in email address.